Leader in Me
Our leadership culture actively engages students in their own learning. Students set goals and track progress their progress. All students become active participants in the direction of the school and many of the decisions that are made.
The 7 Habits are the foundation of the leadership culture.
- Habit 1. Be Proactive – You’re in Charge
- Habit 2. Begin with the End in Mind – Have a Plan
- Habit 3. Put First Things First – Work First, Then Play
- Habit 4. Think Win-Win – Everyone Can Win
- Habit 5. Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood – Listen Before You Talk
- Habit 6. Synergize – Together is Better
- Habit 7. Sharpen the Saw – Balance Feels Best
A leadership culture reinforces every student’s capabilities. It encourages exploration, inquiry, technology infusion, project-based learning, and experimentation within a safe, secure environment. One of the foundational principals of this culture is for members to find their voice (their unique gifts and talents), and to help others find theirs. Once students find their voice, they are inspired and motivated. Inspired and motivated students are intrinsically motivated to do the right thing. Our goal is to find the leader in every child! Find out more about our school at theleaderinme.org.