8th Grade Continuation
- 5:30-6:30 PM
- Thomas Jefferson High School
Slavens students have a rite of passage that's a tradition at our school and that's Continuation. The kids have been together for a long time and some of them have been at Slavens since kindergarten. Continuation is a party, the last hurrah before they scatter in different directions marking that leap from middle school to high school.
The Continuation celebration will be held on June 1st. The ceremony at will be at Thomas Jefferson High School followed by dinner and dancing at the Wellshire Events Center.
Family and friends are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Funds from the fall carnival contribute to Continuation and we are fortunate to have had such a successful event last September. The ceremony is free to everyone, however, friends and family of 8th graders need to purchase tickets for the Wellshire dinner if they plan to attend. Tickets are $15 each and can be purchased here: https://slavens.ptapal.com/shop/continuation.asp
This is a more formal occasion and one the kids should be proud of. Dress accordingly. Suggested attire below.
- Men and Boys: Collared shirt, slacks (up to you on sport coat and tie)
- Women and Girls: Dresses, skirts or slacks
- Location: Thomas Jefferson High School
- 4:15 pm: Students arrive at TJ
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm: Ceremony
Dinner and Dancing:
- Location: Wellshire Event Center
- 7 – 10 pm: Dinner, DJ, Photo Booth